The Kansas Office Of The Secretary Of State provides several tools to aid the public in identifying a business that has been legally registered in this state. One such tool, maintained on the “Business Entity Search Station” page, allows several criteria to be used to find an entity. Once a Kansas entity’s record has been found, it can be viewed.
Business Entity Search
1. Go To The Business Entity Search Station Page
2. Indicate The Basis For The Search To Be Conducted
The first task is to indicate the reason behind the search because this will direct the request correctly. Select the “Business Entity Database” link to continue.
3. Choose The Business Entity Name Option
Several choices are presented however, we will perform a search for a business name and will select the first option.
- Business Entity Database Search
- Name Availability
- Charitable Organizations
- Trademark/Service-Mark Search
4. Define The Kansas Business Entity
Type the partial name of the Kansas business entity or its full name into the search box and click on the “Search” button.
5. Locate The Kansas Entity’s Record
The table results will display every registered Kansas business that matches the name that was entered on the previous page. Scroll to the record that best matches the criteria and select “View.”
- View Record
- ID Number
6. View The Kansas Entity’s Filed Records
The “Business Summary” page shall display the public information available for the Kansas entity and will be spread out across several sections.
- Current Entity Name
- Previous Names
- Current Mailing Address
- Business Entity Type
- Date Of Formation In Kansas
- State Of Organization
- Current Status
- Registered Agent And Registered Office
- Annual Reports
- Forfeiture Date
A few buttons will allow the Kansas entity to perform several actions and are not meant to be used by the observing public.
- Full Name Change Online
- Certificate Of Good Standing
- Update Resident Agent/Office
- Close Your Business